KS3 Business Studies
Business studies is introduced to students in Grade 9.
KS4 IGCSE Business Studies
The Cambridge Syllabus code is 0450.
iGCSE Business Studies offers the chance for students to learn something different, current, challenging and fun. In Grade 10, students learn about the fundamental basis of business; this includes:
- The different sectors of industry
- A comparison between public and private enterprises
- Business structure and organisation
- Marketing and devising marketing strategy.
In Grade 11, students continue to explore additional business functions, such as finance, accounting, operations, different methods of production and human resource. The course is underpinned by looking at entrepreneurship and some basic economic analysis.
- Business activity
- People in Organisation: business structure, communication and motivation theories
- Operations management
- Changing business environment
KS5 A Level Business Studies
The Cambridge International syllabus code for A Level Business Studies is 9709.
AS and A Level Business Studies are accepted by universities and employers as proof of essential knowledge and ability. The Business Studies syllabus enables candidates to understand and appreciate the nature and scope of business, and the role business plays in the economy. The syllabus covers economic, environmental, ethical, governmental, legal, social and technological issues, and encourages a critical understanding of organisations, the markets they serve and the process of adding value. Candidates examine the management of organisations and, in particular, the process of strategic decision-making in the context of a dynamic external environment.
- Business and its environment
- People in organisations
- Operations and project management
- Finance and accounting People in business
- Strategic management